Thursday, January 19, 2006

You're a Pig, Yes, I Am

My wife says to me, “Who the hell do you think you are?” I say, “What are you talking about?” She says, “That garbage you wrote in your last blog, about how stupid the Golden Globes are, about how stupid I am for watching them!” I say, “I never said you were stupid, I said that whole red carpet entertainment parasite feeding frenzy, that inane gushing over the stars is stupid.” She says, “No, you were implicitly calling me and anyone who watches stupid. You sounded like an arrogant snob, a pig, though I noticed you had no trouble pulling yourself away from ‘Literature’ in order to gawk at Scarlett Johanssen’s breasts!” I say, “Well, they were right there, damn near exploding through the TV screen! You said yourself that her breasts arrived thirty minutes before she did!” She says, “You’re a cultural snob, case closed. You think you’re better than me because you read Philip Roth and I watch the Golden Globes. Want to know something? I think Philip Roth is a pig, too! Oh, he may be the greatest living American novelist, a genius, but that doesn’t make him any less of a pig! A smart pig is still a pig!”

Oink, oink.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am laughing so hard right now, because I can totally see you two going at it.
Bri, I hate to tell you I watched it too. Yes Scarlett's breasts seemed to be abnormally large since I last saw her.
I actually enjoy the red carpet but I do not like Joan Rivers, I keep looking for her eyes on the back of her head. Her daughter actually looks older than she does.
At any rate..... You know me I love the celebrity life style, if I can't have it I might as well live it through even if it is on t.v.
As far as men being pigs.... well yes I do know a few and they know it....