Tuesday, July 24, 2018

F---Off Senate Majority PAC

I kept receiving these smarmy solicitations in my mailbox, so I decided to do something about it; they paid the postage. What the hell.

June 21, 2018

Senate Majority Pac
700 13th St NW Suite 600
Washington, DC 20015

Dear Senate Majority PAC:

I received your direct mail solicitation today, and the first thing I wondered is how you obtained my name and address. My second thought was why anyone of sound mind would use Chuck Schumer as their poster boy. Schumer, like the Clintons and Barack Obama, represents the gangrene at the heart of the Democratic Party, and the primary reason it loses elections and cannot create a coherent message after nearly a year and a half of the Trump Junta. I still have no idea what Democrats stand for, except, of course, tax cuts for the wealthy, endless wars and obscene Pentagon spending, corruption, ineptitude and impotence. More than 40 years ago the Democratic Party turned away from its core constituents and never looked back because the money was too good in corporate boardrooms.

What you’re saying is essentially this: Vote for Democrats because they are less bad than Trump. What an inspiring policy platform! You people are really stupid. The country is primed and ready for a progressive vision, and what does the Democratic Party do?  It discourages progressive candidates, throws its weight against them. Don’t count on a blue wave in November because Democrats will find a way to fuck up, and even if they don’t, what is their plan, a return to the policies of the Obama era? And what were those policies? Let’s see, coddling Wall Street banks, extrajudicial killings abroad, drone strikes against civilians, income inequality, corporate medical insurance, and endless wars. Great, sign me up. NO!

The problem with Schumer and Obama and the detestable Clintons is their arrogance and ignorance of the day-to-day struggles of average Americans. When a party is so corrupt that it runs a ticket of Hillary Clinton and Tim Kaine, one might as well throw in the towel.

I am an average American, working-class, with only one difference: I vote and I read. Shitheads like Charles “I-serve-Wall Street” Schumer don’t speak for me and certainly don’t impress me. From me you get neither a dollar or a dime. Fuck you. Remove my name from your mailing list until the day Democrats offer more than lip service to the poor and working class.

Sincerely

Brian Tanguay

No comments: